Friday, October 08, 2004

Quotable Quotes from Inscrutable Americans

I feel my American has improved but my English has deproved

One boy named Mike Smith is confessing "i am son of gun" so im asking "who is Smith"? He is replying in surprise "he is my father". Then im wondering if Mr Smith is step-father, or his mother is doing something wrong with Mr gub. Or some other deep reason. Im filling with deep thoughts.

Once im chatting with lady at college office and she is saying "get off ny back" now really brother how anyone can say I will leap on their back in middle of afternoon in office?

We are both needing

They are playing game which they are calling football in which they are beating each other without mercies for no reason

My clothes are washing whitest and finger licking good

My head is eating circles with all new things

Totally totally nuts, he is saying which is i feel is an American expression for someone fond of cashewnuts

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Cogito said...

I loved that Book. Anurag Mathur had done a tremendous job in dishing out "no-bashing & yet earthy" humor.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Nandini said...

That book is tooo funny :)

I remember in the first few pages when he's just arrived in America , he writes back to his family enquiring "how they knew abt the asses we are having" when the security guy at the airport remarks "watch your ass".

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Srihari SN said...

True, the book was funny especially the letters, but i didnt like the ending at all.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Nandini said...

I know !! It was so corny..almost like some filmy ending..where they ended up cramming it with the lead character's fulfilled wish. Oh btw, what happened to the story you were planning to write...(saw it on a post a long while back). How's that going ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home